Friday, September 6, 2013

It's already starting.

Now if you faithfully obey the LORD your God and are careful to follow all His commands I am giving you today, the LORD your God will put you far above all the nations of the earth. Deuteronomy 28:1
Well, the blessings have started.  I can't say that I'm all that surprised. My God is who He says He is. My God makes promises for things that I am quite unworthy of. 

I'm going to back track a little. My dad drove me to the airport in Boston (bleh!) and we had a 10-second goodbye. I, then, got on an elevator to go to the check-in for JetBlue. In the elevator, I had this overwhelming sense of relief and I almost started to cry. Who likes to cry in front of random strangers? Yea, not me. So, I went about my way and did the whole check-in and go through security thing. (Thanks to Alex for sending me a picture that made me smile.)

Anyway, I made it on the plane and the flight was great. JetBlue says they give you extra leg room and they do not lie. I stretched my legs out completely!! Little victories, people. So, I get my bags and something has leaked inside one of them. (I give my mom credit for putting all of the things in plastic bags and putting all of my bathroom stuff together.) The shuttle driver picks me up and is super nice! So, I ask him about how I should get to MIA in the morning. He is adamant about me not taking a taxi and says he will get me set up with someone that won't take advantage of me. He , and I, were worried about me taking a taxi at 3 AM. 

We get to the hotel and he introduces me to Rinaldo, a Haitian American. Rinaldo is going to be at the hotel at 3 AM just to drive me to MIA. Praise the Lord! Do I think the fact that he is Haitian a coincidence? NO! My God doesn't deal in coincidences. He deals in divine planning/meetings. 

I thought y'all would like to hear about today. I'm not sure of the next time I will be able to post. So, I leave you with all of the love I have to give. Thank you so much for the support and love you have shown me in my preparation for this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment