Monday, March 3, 2014

Alone. Not in a bad way.

It's been a very long time since I've written anything and it's quite different than my previous posts. I just figured that I'd pen the thoughts I have been having lately. 

So, I'm travel nursing now and I've been alone a lot. I'm not used to being alone. I'm used to having people around me or talking to me a great majority of the time. Until this past weekend, I'd say that I was largely uncomfortable being completely by myself. 

One thing I have always admired is people that can go out and eat a meal by themselves. I know this seems trivial. I have a confession. I'm twenty-five and I had never eaten a meal out alone until this weekend. Yep. It's official. Now you know. Does that make me weird? Odd? Dependent? Try extreme extrovert. Since I have always admired the aforementioned types of people and I took a trip to Vanderbilt University, I figured that I'd give it a whirl.

The plan was to just do it and make it as unawkward as possible. What I found out was amazing. 

I can do this.

I really liked eating alone. Like, a lot. 

The first time wasn't too weird, because I sat out of the way and was hardly noticed. The more I did it, the less weird I felt for doing it. My best friend Kate told me that it adds an heir of mystery when a young lady is out to dinner by herself. I like feeling mysterious. I'm about as unmysterious as they come, otherwise. 

The mysteriosity thought (is that a word?) led me to think about how important it is for a female my age to be comfortable being completely by herself. Alone. Not the bad kind, though. I had always thought I was comfortable being alone and now I'm sure of it. I feel as if this is a step that Christ has been prepping me for quite some time and maybe I've passed the test. I feel that my comfortability with being alone is an asset to the future man I will marry, right? Why would God put the desire in me if He didn't intend to use it for His good? 

Anyway, Vanderbilt rocked my socks. Hopefully, I'll be writing you from Nashville starting September 2015 :) yeaaaa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment